Thursday, August 2, 2012

dust of the ground


"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being." Genesis 2:7

Wow, we are all made from dust. There is nothing chemically different about us, just our features and skin color, but we are all made from dust. Our body is merely a dead and empty vessel until God gives us his "breath of life". In the same manner when he takes away his breath, our bodies again shall return to dust.

One of the things that I have struggled many times is self worth. Trying to justify my self-worth through my achievements and abilities and recognition from others. Who doesn't? But God has made me realize through his Word, that my "self-worth" comes from Him alone. In other instances I am on the opposite side of the spectrum and feel "worthless". I think to myself, "Am I really good enough" at anything?

In reality, it is God who gives us our "worth", it does not come from our achievements, our success in marriage, life, friendships or work. It comes from our mighty God of the universe. We must not measure ourselves by our abilities, after all someone had to give us those talents and abilities, someone "ordained our days". Never go by what you think, people think of you either. One thing that I have learned is that I struggle and get anxious when I let the things of the world into my heart and determine my self-worth. I need to value life just as my Creator values life.

God bless,

Fonz


No comments:

Post a Comment