Monday, August 20, 2012

Wrestling with God

This whole weekend was a wonderful weekend and God was speaking loud and clear. There are many things that we keep to ourselves, that we never speak of. We never voice them or much less share them. These feelings or burdens can weigh us down so bad and wear us out as we walk through our daily lives. We pray that they are taken away, however, often times we tend to replay events to see where we might have gone wrong and try and fix problems.

Being a man, I will admit that I am very practical and want to find a solution to every problem. Many times, I play and replay the problem in my head several times over, day and night and try to see what went wrong and how to find some sort of resolution. However, there are times that there is no solution. It's baffling, I know. Yet, the problem is there, being carried as a burden and making us weary.

Today I wrestled with God, yeah, that's right, I wrestled with him and He won. I am thankful that He won. Today, I opened up and said the things that I was scared to say and share, and let Him know what was inside me. I realized that although I had surrendered myself to him 6 years ago and accepted Him as my LORD and Savior, I was still Lording over many areas of my life. I was still in charge of things. Today that all changed, I no longer want to Lord over anything in my life. I want my LORD and Savior to Lord over, my thoughts, my heart and my life. He totally removed that pain, that hurt, and the anxieties that had me in bondage. I can say now that I am free, and experiencing a whole new phase of my life in Christ.

I am thankful to God for everything that He has done in my life, in His perfect plan for me. No matter the sufferings, no matter the afflictions, God is faithful and has shown me how to be content. I no longer have control of my life, all control has been given to My GOD!

God bless,

Fonz

No comments:

Post a Comment