"Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it." Genesis 2:15
God put Adam in a beautiful paradise that no one had ever seen yet, he was the only man. But we see in Genesis 2:9,that the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. God provided beautiful sights and provision for Adam to sustain himself from the ground that Adam was to tend and keep.
As I look around in my new home, I see nothing but mountains and rocks and dessert. For a while there, I thought nothing of this place, it no way compares to being at home with actual lawns and trees in a front yard, rather than rocks and cactus in front yards. For a long time I was blinded to the beauty that this place does offer. I lost sight of God's creation, not fully taking in the mountains, and terrain. I completely forgot what the Bible saying that God created the earth and said "it is good." Really, rocks, heat, mountains, dessert and that is good? Yes, indeed it is. God does not make mistakes and his creation is definitely not a mistake. We often forget that everything that surrounds us is from God to us, to tend to it and keep it. Through it he sustains us and lets us admire the beauty of His creation.
Now I realize that this is where God has brought me. This is the land that He has called me to tend and to keep. This is where He has brought me to work. I must now tend the ground. I must pray for the area, pray that the Lord would soften the land (hearts). That what He will plant here (His Word), would fall on good soil and continue to grow (spiritually). That the harvest be a bountiful one and that the fruit (people accepting Jesus Christ as Lord) would grow and be pleasant to His sight. The the food (the Word) that is feed to land (people's hearts) would sustain them even through these dessert like conditions.
I have never done an ounce of landscaping work, but since being here I have had my fair share and now I appreciate and see what it truly means to tend and work the land. I have to be obedient to my Lord and no matter how extreme the heat (afflictions, trials) gets. I must be faithful and obedient and do the work I am called to do.
God bless,
Fonz
No comments:
Post a Comment