Friday, August 24, 2012

Pride Goes Before Destruction

"Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, an not your own lips." Proverbs 27:2

There is one thing that will bring destruction in the life of a believer and that is Pride. This kind of pride is the one that does not lift up honor and glory to God, but lifts up our "self's." When we accept Jesus Christ as our LORD, we begin our walk well, our focus, our path is set on God and we are fully committed to Him. Then without a single warning, pride begins to rise up in our hearts which blinds us from all that God wants us to be. All of a sudden we feel like the foremost expert in all areas and believe we know more than He.

Pride comes in many ways shapes and forms. This is why we must remain cautious and be on guard. We must not open the door to it, not even a crack because the enemy will take advantage of the situation and rush right into our hearts and our thoughts making us think that we are better that what God desires. There is nothing wrong with a healthy self-esteem, but God wants us to learn how to handle pride.

I will admit that this is all true. Even now there have been several times that pride has interrupted the work that God has been trying to do. Trying to find within myself the solutions to many problems, the answers to others' problems, thinking that I know it all. Often times in just explaining a great blessing, whether at work, or in my personal life it turned out to be all about me. Pride slides into my life and builds up thoughts of self-promotions, selfish attitude, refusing to listen to advice from others, lack of submission to authority, and bragging, among many others. 

I realize now that I am no more important than those around me. I may feel that I know more, and can do more, but the bottom line is that God uses every single one of us for His glory. As time goes on and even at this very point of my life, I realize that when we sign up to serve God, we need to gain the right perspective which includes a humble and contrite heart. 

God bless,

Fonz



No comments:

Post a Comment