In one verse, Paul gives us insight in his reason for living. He is a bondservant (one who gives himself up to another's will those whose service is used by Christ in extending and advancing his cause among men). His obedience to Christ led him to a life time work of sharing the gospel.
How would you describe your purpose in life? To what things are you devoted to?
Think an reflect upon these things. Are we doing what God has purposed in our lives or what we have purposed in our lives and letting God be the clean up crew for our decisions. I will never forget when Pastor Dennis Norman gave a sermon asking if we have ever sought the Lord for our purpose. When I finally did, the Lord spoke loud and clear. Now I am not saying that I am perfect and have been totally obedient, however, as the years went by the "I's" have slowly been diminishing and obedience has grown. Many times it goes against my logic, but after all He is Lord and is in control of everything, all we have to do is simply rest in Him, recognize that we are a branch and Christ is the vine, and God is the vinedresser. Serve the Lord, be obedient and you will be amazed at His work. It is all worth it!
God bless,
Fonz
https://www.facebook.com/amendoza8
No comments:
Post a Comment