Tuesday, August 7, 2012

We have a Creative God!

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

The creation story in the Bible teaches us much about God and ourselves. First, we learn about God: he is creative; as the Creator he is distinct from his creation; he is eternal and in control of the world. We also learn about ourselves: since God chose to create us, we are valuable in his eyes; we are very important to him.

I would like to take a look at our lives now. Let us take a closer and deeper look at God's creative mark in areas of our lives that we may not expect to see them in. Joseph is a great example of God's creative work and mark. For many years Joseph lived tragedy, slavery and false accusations and was even imprisoned. However, we see how Joseph's hardships shaped him, molded him and helped him rise to power to save his family.

Now look at our lives. How many times have we had tragedy strike us, we are walking in our path and all of a sudden, Wham! we get hit with unexpected circumstances, some chapters of our story are confusing and painful. Does this sound familiar to any of you? I am sure that it does to many and I can definitely relate to these things now as they have been magnified in my life. However, we must understand that we belong to a creative God and he is creative enough to turn our darkness into your most glorious moment.

I have seen God's creativity in my life during these times. I have been blessed to see those beautiful strokes on his canvas. He has surrounded me with great people that have blessed me and can bless as well. He has allowed me to share my faith more with strangers and allowed me to minister openly to groups of people. Last night after a mens Bible study, my good friend gave me a ride and said."Fonz, I believe God brings people into my life to shake me up and better myself and you are one of them." I was speechless and I was thankful to God and was blessed that I could be a blessing to this person even through these tough times. We need to see how creative God is that he can turn every episode in our lives to something that will work for us.

Look for God's creativity and mark in your life. When you are going through hard times and dark moments, look for his beautiful brush strokes, look for his mark. You may be surprised at the masterpiece that is being created on a daily basis.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God...Romans 8:28

God bless,

Fonz


No comments:

Post a Comment